Cumberland Clough Mk2
Starting from Cat & Fiddle, taking moorland path down to Cumberland Clough, than along the valley & afterwards up the side of Clough Brook & moorland paths back to the start. 6 miles, moderate.
New Mills Ramblers
Wednesday 20 June 2018, 9:30 am
New Mills Co-op
Stout footwear and work gloves recommended.
New Mills Walkers are Welcome
Saturday 23 June 2018, 10:00 am
New Mills Heritage and Information Centre
Monks Dale & Tideswell Dale
Walk from Tideswell in the White Peak through Tideswell and Monks Dales. Contact leader for more information. 10 miles, moderate.
New Mills Ramblers
Sunday 24 June 2018, 9:00 am
Torr Top Car Park
Our aims and objectives
- be an attractive destination for walkers with top-quality information on local walks
- offer local people and visitors excellent walking opportunities within the parish
- ensure that footpaths and facilities for walkers are maintained, improved and well signposted
Benefits to tourism
- attract more people to visit New Mills to enjoy local walks.
- achieve economic benefit for local shops, B&Bs, hotels, pubs, cafés, restaurants, etc. through increased footfall.
- strengthen the town’s reputation as a walking destination when signed walks and walk guides are available.
- promote local visitor attractions.
- complement town’s economic generation/tourism plans and strategies.
- demonstrate that walkers will be given a warm welcome by the local community.
- ensure that public footpaths remain open and maintained for the benefit of local people and visitors.
- promote effective liaison arrangements with local councils and agencies responsible for footpaths. Members provide a focus for cooperation.
- help to create new footpaths and walking groups.
- encourage preparation of local walking guides and signage.
- promote the health benefits of walking and being in the countryside.
- give local people and visitors the opportunity to learn about the culture, history and biodiversity of New Mills and surrounding countryside.
Thanks to White Van Man, New Mills Town Council, High Peak Borough Council, Visit New Mills and all supporting traders and residents for their help in making New Mills the first town in the High Peak to achieve Walkers are Welcome status.
Contact us at